Mountain Rescue Training
Mountain Rescue Training is designed to serve as a refresher–or to further the knowledge of–the novice or out-of-currency climber. It begins a the basic level and takes the student to a well-rounded intermediate level.
- Hitches, load transfers, blocks and tackles, and knot by-passes
- Placement of anchors and utilization of natural anchors
- Rappelling techniques and fixed-line operations
- Lowering and hauling systems
- Technical climbing techniques
- Suspension traverse operations
- Litter rescue techniques
- and more.
- All field operations are conducted by certified American Mountain Guides (AMGA).
- MRT courses fulfill all or part of the following USAF CFEP 1T2X1-Related Tasks:
- Low- and High-Angle Rescue Fundamentals: 6.3
- Rappel: 6.5
- Mountain evacuation operations: 6.9