Tactical First Aid
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care [TCCC, T-triple-C, TC3]
- Patient assessment system
- Tactical medicine-lite
- Optional “advanced measures”
- Familiarization with environmental emergencies and medicine
- Familiarization with medical emergencies
- Expeditionary considerations and medicine
- Patient transport and movement
- Written and practical examinations (FTXs
This training was awesome! Can’t wait to be back on the mountain with S.E.I. next year.Jake D.
Tactical First Aid is designed to teach life-saving measures and techniques. Mirrors basic duties and functions of EMT-Intermediates and -Paramedics only on a much minor scale. TFA is designed to be “pick-‘n-choose” course of instructions; length of course is dependent upon client’s desires. Minimum class size is 10. See TFR for a fuller description. The TFA is designed to be “pick-‘n-choose” course of instruction.
- TFA prepares all non-medically-trained operators for the basis of the latest tactical/combat techniques and procedures.
- It instills medical confidence and understanding for the imposition of casualties on the battlefield.
- TFA is preventative medicine that each operator needs know for potentially compromising health hazards.
- It is self-care and buddy-care, thus, survival at the individual operators’ level.