STOALS - Special Tactics Operators' Advanced Life Support
STOALS is a tailor-made medical course of instruction that fulfills and exceeds the NREMT Paramedic refresher requirements. It is an operationally focused paramedic re-certification course styled for special operations and expeditions in diverse settings in which definitive care is denied or indefinitely delayed. It is, essentially, a one-stop course requirement solution. Lectures are conducted by the most highly skilled subject matter experts in the field.
Download more information.
- National Registry updates
- Protocols from the new USAF PARARESCUE Handbook
- Medical review by systems
- Trauma review by systems
- Tactical operations/expeditionary considerations
- BLS/ACLS/PALS/ PHTLS refresher
- Canine rescue medical training
- Field transfusion, extended care, vents and capnography
- Emphasis on scenario based training
- CEUs through such topics as:
- High-angle rescue operations
- Hands-on labs
- Special sessions on HPO and psychological resilience
- USAF PARARESCUE refresher requirements and NREMT paramedic re-certification requirements:
- (2) Hours, Operational Skills
- (6) Hours, Trauma Lanes/Skills
- (8) Hours, Medical Emergencies
- (16) Hours, Airway, Breathing, Circulation 16 Hours, Obstetrics and Pediatrics
- ACLS, PALS, PHTLS refresher training
- STOALS courses typically fulfill all or part of the following USAF CFETP 1T2X1-Related Tasks:
- Global Environmental Considerations: a, b, c, d, e, f.
- Desert Operations: a, e, f, g
- Jungle Operations: a, e, f, g
- High-latitude/Arctic Ops: a, e, f, g
- Mountain Operations: a, e, f, g
- Climbing Fundamentals: a, b, c, d, e, f
- Roped Climbing: a, b, c, d, e
- Construct Anchor Systems.
- Perform Care of Climbing Equipment.
- Use Climbing Techniques.
- Use Rappelling Techniques.
- Perform Litter Techniques.
- Use Snow/Ice Climbing Procedures and Techniques: a, b, c
- Mountain Evacuation Techniques: a, b
- Maintain EMT-I and –P Qualifications.
- PARARESCUE-Specific Medications.
- Identify S&S and Tx of Diseases of Mil Importance a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k
- High-Altitude Illness: a, b