AATS - Tactical Carbine
This is a high intensity three day carbine course designed for the advanced shooter who is looking for a challenge and to improve their tactical shooting ability.
Each shooter will walk away with the capability to shoot accurately fast at any distance. This is an advanced level course taught by Master Chief (Ret) Harry Bologna who has 22 years of Naval Special Warfare (SEAL) experience. Each shooter will reach deeper and push themselves to limits never before realized.
This course is an advanced level course. Attendees must be in good physical condition and able to move into and out of the kneeling or prone position. This course is physically intense. Please call for if you have any questions.
• Zeroing and precision shooting
• Tactical immediate action
• Close quarter rifle operations
• Engaging moving threats
• Bilateral rifle manipulations
• Reloading techniques
• Ready positions
• Shooting positions
• Identification and engagement of multiple opponents
• Shooting while moving and utilization of tactical movement
• Utilization of cover
• Transitions to handgun
• Patrol rifle with sling and 5 magazines
• Combat optic (recommended)
• Duty pistol with 3 magazines
• Battle belt with holster and mag pouch, duty rig, or load bearing equipment
• Ammunition pouches for each weapon
• Knee and elbow pads (optional)
• Casual, comfortable civilian clothing suitable for training in any weather (unless training in duty uniform) and footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
• Hydration system and sunscreen
• Hat with a brim wrap around eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
• Earmuffs and/or earplugs
• Estimated round count: 1,200-1,500 rounds rifle, 200 rounds pistol
• For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
• Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only
Please fill out the form below to register for the course. Payment will be expected at sign in time.
From beginning to end, the care, detail and attention we were shown by S.E.I. was absolutely professional. The course was catered to our exact requests, and far exceeded our expectations. For any SOF across the enterprise looking for a higher caliber of training that have been desiring more than repeating other shooting courses, this is the answer. The wide array of ranges at the Sig Sauer Academy as well as the courses offered by S.E.I. will accommodate all your needs.
Brian Hafner USAF
A one word summary for folks who are short on time with a long list of task – “Impressive”
I just returned from a condensed one week pistol/rifle course at the Sig Sauer Academy. I am a busy guy and don’t have a lot of time to focus on any one task or subject. I actually debated, rather or not I had five days to devote to the attendance of the Sig Academy. In retrospect, it was the best five days of training I have ever received………..and this said with an extensive career with the US Military, with the great majority in Special Operations.
The instruction was world class and delivered by true professionals, they were extremely knowledgeable, capable and skilled in the science of firearms and the art of teaching. The weapon drills and firing courses where uniquely developed for my small group; our assigned instructors where able to quickly evaluate our level of proficiency, build a program of instruction, and implement a professional training plan.
I left the course not only as a better shot, but also, a quicker, more accurate and efficient shooter. I also acquired a plethora of tips, tactics and information to pass on to my students that are beginning their careers as Special Operators.
“THANKS” Sig Staff
Pararescue/Combat Rescue Officer School Weapons Instructors